ADORN512 PIERCING AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
It is vital that you follow ALL of the aftercare instruction to ensure proper healing of your newly pierced ears. Persistent redness or swelling can indicate an infection or that your body cannot tolerate a foreign object.
EARLOBE: Leave the piercing earrings in for SIX WEEKS
CARTILAGE: Leave the piercing earrings in for TWELVE WEEKS
DURING the healing process as outlined above:
- Always wash your hands before touching your ears or earrings.
- Clean your piercing with our Ear Care Solution 2 to 3 times a day using a cotton swab front and back. Swab in a circular motion. For lobe piercings only, move hair surrounding the new piercing and rotate earring 1x after cleaning while wet. DO NOT REMOVE EARRINGS WHILE CLEANSING AND ROTATING.
- Disinfect everything that goes in, on, or around your ears once daily to decrease the risk of introducing bacteria to the site. This includes cellphones, headphones, eyeglasses, sunglasses, airpods, masks, headbands, etc.
- Check earring back to ensure that it is positioned securely but DO NOT TIGHTEN the earring back to ensure breathing room in front and back of the ear.
- Keep the pierced area CLEAN and DRY, and immediately cleanse following swimming or exercising, using shampoo, hair products, or spraying cologne. Keep hair away from ears whenever possible during the healing period.
- Take extra care when removing clothing over the head or brushing hair, so that earrings don’t get caught. Exercise care when participating in sports or rough play.
- To avoid your piercing from closing, wear earrings consistently for one year post piercing.
AFTER the healing period:
EARLOBE: For the first six months, do not go longer than 24 hours without earrings to prevent the hole from closing.
- In many cases, returning to proper after care procedures will clear up an irritation in the earlobe. Check to make sure earring is not too tight, loosen if necessary, and increase cleansing with Ear Care Solution up to three times a day. If the problem persists, remove earrings and SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
CARTILAGE: For the first six months, do not leave earrings out for any length of time. When an earring is removed, immediately replace it.
- Clean earrings with Ear Care Solution before reinserting. If pain, redness or swelling lasts for more than 24 hours, remove earrings and SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.